Use these resources for your health knowledge:
- BIRTH - A non-profit dedicated to preserving the integrity of birth
- Citizens for Midwifery - Promoting Midwives Model of Care
- ICAN - Improving maternal-child health by preventing unnecessary cesareans
- Mother Friendly - Promoting wellness model for maternity care improving birth outcomes while reducing costs
- Water birth International - Making water birth an option for all women
- A Woman's Work - helps by providing the products, services and resources that make this special vocation fulfilling and rewarding.
- Online Baby CPR: Free Infant Child CPR Course - Each year thousands of infants and young children die from choking, drowning, and suffocation. In most of these emergencies the child's life could be saved if a Parent or Loved one knew CPR.
- Midwives of Texas FAQ - Consortium of Texas Certified Nurse-Midwives advocates for the independent and full scope practice of Texas nurse-midwives in the health care system as an ideal way of, achieving safe, high quality, cost effective, and satisfying care for women and children. CTCNM also supports women and families' freedom to chose with whom and where to have their baby within the safety bounds of evidenced based care.
- The Dr. Brewer Pregnancy Diet - On this website, you will find explanations about various aspects of nutrition in pregnancy, a newsletter where conferences are listed and current news items related to pregnancy, birthing, breastfeeding, and parenting are highlighted, and a page where your questions are answered. You will also find a list of websites, articles, and books related to the Brewer Diet, with links that will enable you to find the ones that interest you.
- New Beginnings Baby (Organic Baby Store) - New Beginnings Baby is an online baby store that carries cloth diapers and organic products that include breastfeeding clothing, baby clothing, toys, home cleaning, skin care products, and therapeutic essential oils. This online store is owned by two parents, Mike and Crystal. Crystal was one of my patients whom I delivered her baby. I always recommend all my birth moms to buy their organic baby products from their online store.
- La Leche League Int'l - promotes breastfeeding education leading to healthy development of baby and mother
- Biological Nursing - Suzanne Colson's Biological Nurturing is a mother-centred approach that suggests new ways to hold and cuddle babies aiming to increase the enjoyment of breastfeeding.
- How to Get Started Breastfeeding - Your breastfeeding comfort depends on where your nipple lands in baby's mouth. And that depends on how your baby takes the breast, or latches on.
- Video on How to Latch On - Your Baby Knows How To Latch-On, Video Length: 5 minutes 4 seconds
- Breastfeeding Education Aids - Rebecca's Education Aids, Teach Positioning & Attachment (latch) Technique by an empowering combination of Unique Graphics and Clear Explanations.
Childbirth Preparation Classes
Pat Jones, CNM
Kellie Moeller, CNM
Designed to prepare the laboring couple for home or birth center birth
Attachment Parenting Int'l uses education and support to promote parenting practices that create strong, healthy emotional bonds between children and their parents. We believe these practices nurture and fulfill a child's need for trust, empathy, and affection, providing a lifelong foundation for healthy, enduring relationships
Children at Risk a nonprofit organization that drives change for children through research, education and influencing public policy
Hand in Hand Parenting formerly Parents Leadership Institute, HIHP helps parents acquire the skills they need to build and rebuild close connections with their children. We also encourage parents to build close connections with other parents, so they are able to learn and share with others, and work together to build a healthier community
Moms Rising grassroots online effort bringing millions of people, who all share a common concern about the need to build a more family-friendly America, together as a non-partisan force for 2008 and beyond
Mothering Magazine celebrates the experience of parenthood as worthy of one's best efforts and fosters awareness of the immense importance and value of parenthood and family life in the development of the full human potential
The Aware Baby: A New Approach to Parenting Understanding the emotional needs of your baby from birth to age two by Aletha J. Solter
Mothering celebrates the experience of parenthood as worthy of one's best efforts and fosters awareness of the immense importance and value of parenthood and family life in the development of the full human potential
Alternatives for achieving a natural birth by Michael Odent
Homebirth: The Essential Guide to Giving Birth Outside of the Hospital
Practical fact-filled guide for every woman who wants to choose carefully among the alternatives to giving birth in a hospital by Shelia Kitzinger
Obstetric Myths Versus Research Realities
A guide to the medical literature by Hencie Goer
The Birth Book
Information and practical advice needed to plan your safe and joyful birth by William and Martha Sears
The Pregnant Woman's Comfort Book
Exercises, tips and advice for pregnancy and early motherhood by Jennifer Louden
A Wise Birth
How to make birth a healthy and positive experience by Penny Armstrong
Mind Over Labor
Eight step method of using mental imagery by Carl Jones
Healing Power of Birth
Underwater birth byRima Beth Star
Visualizations for an Easier Childbirth
Visualizations to help women reduce fear and pain in labor by Carl Jones
Born in the USA
How a Broken Maternity System Must Be Fixed by Marsden Wagner
The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Pregnancy
by Henci Goer
Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
Practical information about what to expect during childbirth by Ina May Gaskin
The Complete Book of Pregnancy and Childbirth
A week by week, month by month, comprehensive guide for expectant parents by Sheila Kitzinger
Nutrition for a Healthy Pregnancy
A complete guide to eating before, during and after your pregnancy by Elizabeth Somer, M.A.R.D
The breakthrough natural approach to safer, easier, more comfortable birthing by Marie F. Mongan